We are a luxury home furnishings, rugs & accessories company looking for a proactive, personable, highly motivated and organized Purchasing Agent.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, responsible and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong passion for continuous learning and professional development, as this position will provide the basic foundation and necessary skill-set for a great career. Our offices are located in Port Washington, NY.
- Confirms purchase orders and clarifies unclear items by making comparison to master list
- Verifies stock, specifications, receipt of items, and price
- Attains recommendations and approval from suppliers for substitute items
- Acquires purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Scheduling delivery and resolving shipments errors with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information
- Entry Level - Will train the right candidate
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Possess good organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- Must be professional and have good job stability
- Dependent upon experience
- Full time position
- Benefits - medical, vision, dental, paid holiday, vacation and sick/personal time
- Company shuttle service available to transport commuters to/from the Port Washington LIRR station